1. Nominee for the Royal Award for Islamic Finance:
- Shall be a single individual.
- Shall be a living person of any nationality and religion from any country (i.e. not necessarily restricted to your jurisdiction).
- Nominee’s achievements shall be related to the development of Islamic finance and should not be related to commercial projects (i.e. non-deal based).
2. In addition, the following consideration would be advantageous when making a nomination:
- Nominee that is currently involved or has led, conducted and/or participated in pioneering work and/or breakthrough innovations, and which application has had a significant impact towards the advancement of Islamic finance.
- Nominee that is currently involved or has advocated and applied the principles of Shariah into the development of Islamic finance (e.g. widening Shariah application to practice).
- Nominee that is currently involved or has been active in the advocacy, advancement and promotion of Islamic finance through non-profit organisations e.g. industry associations, relevant institutions, Shariah boards or academia.